2005-11-07

Sleepless in... Kashiba

Well, it's all over. HOORAY!!! The Halloween Party ran pretty smoothly. I was so stressed out and thus spent the night running around like a headless chicken so I had a lousy time... but other people seemed to have enjoyed themselves, and that's what counts. We also didn't lose any money, which is also important. We got about 100 people to show up so we got the numbers that I wanted.
Before the start of the party, the AJET crew walked down Sanjo-Dori in full costume handing out flyers to random people on the street. Erin and Kabir scared the crap out of a couple of poor, unsuspecting karaoke promoters. That was quite amusing.

I got home from Nara at around 7AM... exhausted... after being awake for 24 hours. Slept until about 1PM then headed to the Moritanis to teach French. I would stay in Japan just for them... The twins got a new Louis Garneau bicycle for their birthday (Go Canada!) which isn't actually until November 21st, but the present was delivered early... and their curiosity was too much... They are so CUTE! They are ecstatic because now, when it's time for me to leave, they can accompany me to the end of their street on their bicycle...

Didn't sleep very well last night again. Only got about 2 hours of sleep before I had to wake up for school. Went to Oji and had 2 classes in the morning. We just played Jeopardy so it wasn't too taxing. My supervisor noticed that I wasn't well (because I slept through the morning meeting... which I never do) so he said that I could go home at lunch since I had no afternoon classes. I had planned on sleeping all afternoon before my Japanese class but Jeremy asked me if he could come over and use my internet. So I had to clean up my disasterous apartment, which is awesome now. I even vaccuumed. Thanks Jeremy! (^0^) Without your unannounced visit, I'd still be coming home to a messy apartment. You did me a huge favour!

Reason #139 why I love Japan: I left Oji this afternoon, very much looking forward to crawling into bed, fished for my keys and panicked when I couldn't find them. In my zombie-like state this morning, I had left them in my bicycle lock... So I spent the whole train ride home praying for them to still be there... AND THEY WERE!!!!
Where else but in Japan can you leave your bike with your house keys in the lock and still find them there 6 hours later?! I love this country...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home