2005-10-20

True Calling

OK... So one of my first posts on my blog was about my elementary school visits and how much I love them. It's midterm time again in high school, which means that I get my moment in the sun at Showa Shougakkou. OMG! This week has sucked. Honestly. But the only thing keeping me going was my elementary school visit. Thursday was the only thing that I had to look forward to when I hit rock-bottom on Monday... And sure enough, it came through for me. Classes all morning, then lunch with the kids and then playtime with them too. Today I did colours, right and left and finger, thumb, hand, arm, and leg. I think the only thing they remembered after today was the colours. I must have sung the colour song 18 million times. Oh and maybe they'll remember my Hallmark Graduation Teddybear. Thank you Aunty Wendy. I'm surprised Teddy still has arms and legs after the abuse he suffered at the hands of 80 little children... Today was just the first-graders. Next Monday I go back for the second-graders and Tuesday, back to first grade.
I wish I could explain in words how much of a high these kids leave me on. It sounds so cliche, but despite how miserable these last 2 weeks have been, seeing these kids just made it all go away. I love kids. I love teaching. Why the heck didn't I make a career out of teaching kids?! Oh yeah, now I remember... because I got laughed at when I said I would go to law school... Darn you, BD... Darn you, stupid pride... darn you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home