2005-10-30

Weekend Fun

What a weekend! I love Halloween! I still need to catch up on sleep... seeing as I missed out on it on Saturday night...
On Friday night, I went to the "Izumi-kai"... an enkai for Sakai Izumi, the hot teacher at my school. She's getting married on the 23rd of November so we had a party in her honour. So from 6:30-9:30, dinner and nomihodai... It was good fun. Enkais are much better when the teachers aren't afraid to talk to the foreigner. It was really fun and lighthearted... not at all the same atmosphere as the formal enkais. After dinner, we did some karaoke (there was karaoke at dinner too but I wasn't really in form so my rendition of Unchained Melody sucked really bad--though Higashi and Matsumura sensei's re-enactment of the pottery scene from "Ghost" strangely reminded me of the demise at Kawayu... oh the memories...) I sang Billy Joel and Culture Club... got requests for the Carpenters but I don't know any of their songs...
I didn't get to sleep until 2AM because I was reading Harry Potter (yes, again)... and then I had to be up early because I promised Geoffrey that I'd go hiking with him... Saturday was raining all day so the hiking was cut short but nice views nonetheless.
After hiking, I went home, grabbed my stuff and headed to meet up with people for the Loop Line Halloween party. We got to Osaka station around 8:40 and there were hundreds of foreigners in costume standing on the platform. I was dressed up as an anime character from some obscure movie... Picked up the costume at the Loft and decided to take a risk... Anyway...
The Loop Line party is basically 500 people crammed into 2 cars on the Osaka Loop line. The train goes in a loop (!) and at every stop, you stampede out and change places. It was insanity but great fun.
After that, we headed to club Triangle in Amemura. Fun times. Was dancing up a storm with some English dude. Then I got dragged away from him to go to Sam & Daves... which sucked because it was packed. I couldn't even get on the dance floor... So I paid 2000 yen to spend 2 hours sitting outside. After the traditional ramen, I started to make my way home but then realized that I had left my house keys in my sweater (which I had lent to Olivia... who was in Ikoma). So instead of going home, I had to go to Ikoma and pick up my keys. Crashed there for a bit but only got about an hour of sleep... Went to brunch with Adam, Angie and Olivia then headed home because I had to go to the Moritanis to teach French at 3PM. They had invited me over for dinner so I didn't get home until about 7:30. I took a nap before talking to my parents but didn't actually get to sleep until 11:30PM... And now I'm sitting at my desk in Oji trying to stay awake... Happy Halloween ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home