2005-10-17

Useless Japanese Medicine... but fabulous Japanese People

So I went to the hospital this morning and the doctor gave me an antiemitc, medicine to stop the dizziness and tranquilizers to help me sleep. Well, 3 hours later, I'm still dizzy and the tranquilizers didn't help... Tried to sleep for a few hours but kept waking up every hour (which is exactly why I'm sick in the first place... gd insomnia). Never in my life have I had trouble sleeping. Sleeping used to be one of my favorite passtimes... and now? I need medicine to help me sleep... The world is upside down!
I got a phonecall from my adopted family just a few moments ago. I don't know why they called originally because all was forgotten when I told them I was sick. I told them that I had the flu because whatever is wrong with me is way to complicated in Japanese... besides, I don't even know what's wrong with me... But, anyway, the Moritanis called and since I had been asleep I was slightly disoriented. And they asked me if I was sleeping and then when I said yes, they asked me if I was alright (since it isn't normal for people to be sleeping at 6:30PM). I told them that I was a little bit sick but that I was fine. And then they got really worried, asking me if I had enough food and drink. And I said yes... which apparently they didn't hear because then they asked me what I needed. So I said nothing and that I was fine. Which I don't think they heard either because tomorrow morning they will be coming to my apartment to bring me food.
SCRATCH THAT... They just showed up now... with more food and water than I can fit in my fridge. They also brought me heating pads and some sort of cooling patch for my forehead, just in case I get a fever... And they will be coming back tomorrow, probably with more food... I LOVE THIS FAMILY! They are so nice to me, I want to cry. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home