2006-03-22

Is it over yet?

OK. That's it!!! I give up! I am tired of waking up and being cold. I am tired of having to get dressed in front of the space heater because if I venture outside of the heated area, I will freeze my limbs off. Insulation people. Didn't you get the memo?! It's like 12 degrees outside during the day... which is hardly cold... but for some reason, inside the buildings, it feels like -20. I don't understand it. It just doesn't make sense to me. How can it possibly be colder inside? Will someone please explain the physics of this? Sometimes I don't understand this country...

Here's another example. Japan at the World Baseball Classic. Japan, after suffering several setbacks (losing to Korea twice, losing to the US because of a bad call...) actually makes it to yesterday's final against Cuba. (Exciting game, by the way, and usually you have to pay me to watch baseball... but for some reason, Japanese baseball is more interesting than watching all the MLB roidheads trying to boost their homerun records... I wonder why.)

ANYWAY... Japan wins the very first ever World Baseball Classic! YAY! Beats Cuba 10-6. 王JAPAN世界一!I spend 5 minutes watching the post-game celebrations and then spend 10 minutes watching as Bud Selig (MLB Commissioner and weekly MMQB zero) hands the medals to every single player on team Cuba and team Japan. Then I spend another 2 minutes watching as BS (hahaha.... how appropriate) thanks and congratulates Team Japan manager Sadaharu Oh. And then, the moment we've all been waiting for, Selig is about to give the trophy to Oh... drumro----

..................... nope fooled you....... did you actually think we would show Japan RECEIVE the trophy............... mwahahahahaha............ of course not....... silly people.......


Yes ladies and gentlemen. Japanese TV, in this climactic (not to mention historic) moment, cuts to commercial.......... um hello? am I missing something? As I stare blankly at the TV wondering........... WTF?! After 2 minutes, it cuts back to the WBC, for a mere 10 seconds as team Japan hoists up the trophy, and then......... you guessed it........ commercial... again... because apparently, Japanese people would rather watch ads for a plastic surgery clinic instead of sharing in this proud event...
Yeah... like I said... sometimes I just don't get it.

I do get this though. Ichiro Suzuki you are an attractive man. (^_^)b

Thank you Sports Illustrated.

4 Comments:

At 06:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop stealing my blog posts. I only write one a month, so I don't think that's asking too much...

 
At 19:58, Blogger Samantha said...

Didn't steal your post. Took the plot and made it better. That's not a crime.

 
At 00:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scroll down to the bottom of my blog. See that copyright symbol? What you've done is a crime, darlin'...

 
At 00:23, Blogger BadAssVixen said...

Anyway, enough with the old married couple debate... I agree sam that it does feel colder inside than out and Ive been wondering about this for awhile. Its a strange phenomenon i dont think ill ever understand..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home