2006-03-19

Spring Break has begun

Today is the official start of the spring vacation. We had our closing ceremony this morning and now I am sitting at my desk, looking at all the club students hand out papers for their club activities. Of course, no one tells me about these things so I had nothing prepared... GAH! But whatever, I digress. Apparently, the inner workings of the school are to be forever hidden from the ALT.
I've had a busy week. I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday. Lovely. And I am still fighting off this cold. The weather has been weird too. Snow one day, rain the next, then sunny and warm... and then rain and snow again... I just wish spring would start already!!! My sister is coming to Japan in 6 days and I want to show her spring... not snow! Don't you people understand that!?!?
After the wedding last week, I spent most of the week spring cleaning. Which actually turned out to be fun. It gave me an excuse to go to the 100 yen store... one of my favorite places in Japan. I've discovered that I actually enjoy organizing stuff. I'm going to try and throw away a lot of stuff.
Boogie Nights was on Saturday. It wasn't as successful as I had hoped but I think the people who came had a good time... I think AJET is dying and I don't know how to save it... I tried to pump new life into it but after Christmas, a lot of the momentum that we gained was lost... Maybe the spring will be better.
Tomorrow is a holiday so I will probably do some more cleaning and planning for Jennie's arrival. I also found out this weekend that Vicky, Kathleen and Marie-Esther (3 of my friends from Montreal) are coming to visit in June! YAY!!! They will be coming with 2 other girls that I don't know which brings the total to 5 people. 5 people in my tiny little apartment. 5 + me... Awesome. It'll be like elementary school all over again! I need to acquire an extra futon by June though or else someone will be sleeping on the floor (probably me)... OMG! With my sister coming on Sunday and my friends coming in June, I am so happy my head is about to explode! And you know what else? I just got paid. This day just keeps getting better and better! How unusual for a Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home