2006-02-24

Hello Panic...

OK. Post number 3 for the day but this is worrisome. As I am turning off my computer to leave for the day, I accidentally click on the Mozilla button and launch the internet. I have the BBC World News as my homepage and what is the #1 headline:
"EMERGENCY DECLARED IN THE PHILIPPINES".
President Arroyo who has been having... let's say problems... now has to deal with rumours of a coup that was supposed to have taken place on the 20th anniversary of the Marcos coup. So she calls a "state of emergency" giving the military and police sweeping powers. Lovely.
So now I'm worried. I haven't written to my family in the Philippines in ages (because I'm a bad cousin/niece...) so I don't know what's going on. Please, please, please answer my emails...
And I just told Aaron that the Philippines would be a great place to spend spring vacation... (Which I still believe no matter what is happening in Manila... BTW)

1 Comments:

At 21:42, Blogger BadAssVixen said...

Yeah i read that as well and am hoping that nothing bad will happen since i would love to visit the philippines! I was wondering what you thought about that when i read it. Where does your family live? not in manila i hope??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home