2006-02-23

Hooray for shoes!

No I didn't get a new pair of shoes... almost... but I was thwarted. I went to Diamond City (aka "the Shitty") with Laura for a little bit of shopping. In my defence, my favorite boots are falling apart (>_<) and I would like a new pair... I finally found a pair that I liked, went to cash to pay for them, but then the salesperson notices that the shoes are 2 different sizes. To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the difference or maybe I had, I had just chalked it up to the fact that I have one foot bigger than the other... She then proceeded to apologize profusely... I was a little disappointed but she made it seem like it was the end of the world. Shikataganai as they say here... It can't be helped. I suppose their mistake saved me 5,150 yen. I can always get shoes somewhere else. Besides, my sister just requested that I save a day for shoe shopping while she's in Japan. You certainly know how to make my day, Sister! d(^_^)b We'll go shoe shopping in Tokyo. Sources tell me it's the place to be.
It's Friday today... all the teachers have just gone to the meeting room to find out the results of the entrance exams... as usual, I am left to my own devices. There are no students today, so I have no classes (unless I want to teach English to the walls... though I think possibly the walls might do better...)
I have four days of elementary school next week! YAY!!!!! I love elementary school! I can't wait! I've been looking forward to it for a month now. Elementary school is actually work. When I go to the elementary school, I don't get the chance to sit down. I have meetings, I have classes... Not only is it actual work but I actually feel like I am teaching something. I leave the school feeling like I've actually accomplished something. AND AND AND... they actually listen to my suggestions. Thank you Uemura-Sensei for recommending me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home