2006-01-31

What a morning!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated but when Mediocre Writing updates before me... I know it's about time for me to update too. I've been fighting off an illness the last couple of days. I was worried that it was the flu because it's been going around... Luckily, it wasn't. I think I won the battle this time but I'd rather not celebrate...
This morning was insane... I was running around like a giant stress-ball... I'm starting the final project in my Oral Communication class and for some reason, I remember it going much much more smoothly last year... Maybe it's because I'm teaching to 40 students instead of the usual 20... The students will each be presenting a scene from the movie "Stand By Me". 2 of the students started crying because they didn't get the part that they wanted... The one time I ask them to make an effort, there are tears... This is one of the reasons I handed in my resignation... There is no desire to learn English at my school... why should I hold on to my desire to teach it... Let someone fresh-faced and unjaded by the Japanese English education system take over...
OK, I am admittedly in a bad mood. Maybe it's the fact that it's been raining for 2 full days... Apparently my moods in Japan have become subject to the weather... Sunny days: Happy, Rainy days: Irritable...
At least I have TheSuperficial.com to keep me sane. CAUTION: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE CELEBRITY GOSSIP. Click at your own risk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home