2005-12-21

SNOW DAY!!!

So for the last week, the entirety of Japan has been at the mercy of a weather system from Siberia. So far, most of the country has experienced the coldest December in years. Kyushu, has been hit pretty bad... all the buses and ferries have been cancelled because of the weather. The mountains have more snow than ever by this time of year... or so I'm told by a friend who is stranded because he has no way out of the town he's in... Boy, Okinawa is looking better and better every day. Although, my friends in Okinawa have told me that the weather there is pretty bad too... hopefully by Saturday the weather will clear up.
Here in Nara, it's snowing pretty hard... even by my high Canadian standards. It's not a snowstorm by any means but it's snowing non-stop and the amount falling is nothing to scoff at. But everything is made worse because it's windy... and as we all know, blowing snow is not that much fun... Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Good thing there's no school. I took my bike to school today... it wasn't snowing when I left... it was cold but it wasn't snowing. But now... well, let's just say biking home is going to be fun.^^
That's all I got for now. Today was the last day of school. Classes start up again on January 10th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home