2006-01-19

Thursday

The first-year high school prefectural listening exam was this morning. What does that mean? It means that my crystal-clear voice was heard by 10,000 first-year students all over Nara prefecture. How's that for something to write home about? I did the recordings for the first and second-year exams back in August and had completely forgotten about it until yesterday my JTE says "Samantha, tomorrow is the exam. Everyone will hear your voice!" Fun times... especially when you're monitoring the broadcasting and every time your voice comes on the teachers say... "Yappari, Samansa no koe wa wakari yasui" (As usual, Samantha's voice is easy to understand) What can I say? I love the attention.

Filling out my bar school applications is worrisome... I am slowly realizing that I'll be going home in just 6 months and that is causing very conflicting emotions... I'm also realizing that I've forgotten very basic information... like my social insurance number and how to speak French. God knows how I'm going to pass the bar in French... But I guess those are problems for another day. I have to get accepted first and at this rate, unless I find someone who is "habile a recevoir le serment", I don't even know if that will happen...

1 Comments:

At 20:42, Blogger Bigger Drummer Boy said...

Good lord girl, it seems that when someone learns a new language it pushes the other one away, i'm sure you'll be fine, or you could always try and mix up your three languages and see how that goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home