2006-01-17

Oji

I love Oji. I don't like the fact that I have to get up earlier than usual and that I have steep hill to climb just to get there, but once I'm there, I love it. The students and teachers crack me up. The kids are well-behaved and active. The teachers seem to have a really good rapport with the students. Class time always goes by much too quickly. The students participate and they actually look like they have fun. My 6th period class made my day. The JTE I work with, Ichihara-sensei, told the students that they needed 2 stamps on their participation sheet if they wanted to graduate. Needless to say, that had the students fighting each other off just to answer my questions. It was hilarious. Who knew 18-year-old boys could be that cooperative?
Unfortunately, next week will be my last lesson with the 3rd years though and that makes me a little sad... But that's the life of an ALT. Bounced around from place to place without warning. I guess it's best not to get too attached...

2 Comments:

At 02:07, Blogger BadAssVixen said...

My 6th period was similar today. They were enthusiastic and even though they didnt understand what i was saying and i had to pantomime like a monkey to get my point across, they were so funny and cooperative. It was a relief since my 4th period had been a real bore. Anyway, I wish I could teach at this school more often... the kids arent as smart but theyre def. cooler! btw, i commented! I do read your blog and i just added you to my links! (late i know, but i couldnt figure it out for the longest time....)

 
At 21:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why no stories about booty. it's not just there for you to sit on. it's there to shake and also serves as a great thing to hold on to during long windy voyages at sea. long live.. going commando

 

Post a Comment

<< Home