2005-11-25

I Need to Start Reading...

My homepage is set to the BBC World website, and since many JETs here in Nara are usually up to date on American political events, I'm usually pretty well informed as to what is going on in the world outside of Japan... with one minor exception: Canada... You'd think that seeing as it is my home country, I'd be a little bit more interested in goings-on back home but let's face it, as much as I love Canada, Canadian politics is less than riveting...
So today, I opened the BBC and under the "Americas" heading, it says "No-confidence vote for Canada PM"... I'm thinking: WTF?! Where the heck have I been? On the moon?! Wasn't there a no-confidence vote in the summer? There is going to be another one? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?! So after further investigation, I realized that I have indeed been living under a rock. If the reports are indeed correct, it looks like the Liberals aren't going to be in power for much longer... I need to follow the blogosphere a little bit more religiously...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home