2006-06-13

Everything is Back to Normal.... Sort of

Well it's Tuesday and my friends have all left the country... It's kinda sad but then again, I'll be seeing them all again in just a few short weeks. I got to see them on Friday, like I said last week. They paid for my trip to Tokyo... all inclusive too. Well almost. I got meals, trains and museum ticket paid for. It was really nice of them. Thanks ladies!!!
The museum was awesome! I love Miyazaki's animation but being at the museum and seeing where he gets his inspiration and the amount of work that goes into a movie was just incredible. It made me respect the work animators do even more... The museum was packed with kids but I still had a fantastic time... The only thing that made the day kind of lame was the rain. After the museum, Vicky, Kathleen and I went to Harajuku in search of a mythical crafts centre so that Vicky could buy some traditional Japanese items...(we never found it, hence the "mythical" part). Instead, we went shopping. Shopping is always a good plan B in my book.

At school, I've started lesson 4--the final lesson--with the students. I've said my final goodbyes in 3 of my classes so far. By the end of the week, I'll have said farewell to half my students. It's sad actually. Yesterday I did OK but this morning, I got all choked up. Probably because I'm really tired... and anyone who knows me will tell you that I get super emotional if I haven't been getting enough sleep... Like a fountain, I am.

Why am I tired you ask? Because I stayed up late watching the World Cup, of course. I watched Japan get battered by the Australians, then I tried to stay up and watch the US/Czech Republic game but I didn't make it. Woke up at some point long enough to ask the score (2-0 Czech Republic) and then fell asleep again. Still don't know what the final score was. In fact, I shouldn't have even bothered watching the first game. Japan played like garbage. They should have been running circles around the Australians... but between the pansy diving and the all-around crappy playing, they just couldn't put the ball in the net. Both teams were less than stellar, so the whole game kinda sucked. But what can you do. Hopefully tonight's games will be more entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home