2006-04-27

Google Earth gets 2 thumbs up!

Are you an ALT searching for acceptance in the office? Are you just dying for people to talk to you on those lonely days of sitting in the teachers room with nothing to do? Have I got the solution for you... GOOGLE EARTH.
Google Earth? Really? Yes! You know it! I'm talking about the cool software that allows you to see into your own backyard!
How can Google Earth work for you? Just turn it on and start zooming in and out of an area (preferably somewhere in Japan)... Pretty soon, half of the teaching staff will be hovering around you asking if you can find their house! I'm telling you... IT WORKS. Show them the "tilt" function by zooming in on Mt. Fuji; show them your country, show them your town, show them your house if you want; and then, as a community activity: try and find the school together!
Google Earth: Your ticket to instant popularity.


True story. I was bored Monday afternoon so I started messing with Google Earth. Matsumura-sensei, the young geography teacher (who everyone tries to set me up with at enkais), saw me and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I said maybe it might be interesting to show topography and stuff in his geography class... He thought that was a great idea. Then he started calling all the other teachers over... Pretty soon I had half the teaching staff standing behind me asking to see the Pyramids and the Great Wall of China... I spent an hour and a half explaining and demonstrating this wonderful software. It was fun and do you know what the best part of it was?!?!? People were talking to me... IN ENGLISH!!!! d(^_^)b

I wonder if Google will give me money for advertising...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home