2006-04-23

Pictures

It's hard to follow Friday's post. So I won't say anything. I will just post pictures from the weekend. I went to Toji, in Kyoto. Another of Kyoto's World Heritage sites. It has the largest 5-storey wooden pagoda in Japan... only a few metres taller than the one at Kofukuji in Nara.


View from across the street


Pagoda and sakura


Toji gardens


Reflection in the water


Kanchi-in gate


Picture of the Kanchi-in sign. I am lazy. Click image to read.


Zen garden telling the story of Kobo Daishi's return from China. Kobo Daishi (Kukai) was the founder of the Shingon sect of Buddhism in Japan

Sketch of the garden explaining the scene (ignore my reflection in the glass)


Garden inside Kanchi-in


Cuteness beside Kanchi-in

Cuteness close-up


View of Toji from the West

1 Comments:

At 02:06, Blogger BadAssVixen said...

Gorgeous pics Sam! I really wish I was as good of a photographer as you are! You seem able to catch the essence of a place in a way that I always wish I could.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home