2005-09-20

Back to Work...

I'm back in school today after a lovely three-day weekend. Tom is in Japan now and he's been a great houseguest. He brought me Belgian chocolates, episodes of American TV shows and he didn't wake me up at 4 o'clock because of jetlag (unlike some people....) He's only been here a few days but he's already experienced Japanese culture at it's finest... We did some zen meditation on Saturday evening, we went to a festival in Nara on Sunday and Monday we went to Osaka. I had to go back to work today though but I think he's off exploring the wonders of Japan on his own.

Tuesdays I'm at Oji though, which is a wonderful and happy place. Coming here for me is a real treat. So far, one boy has given me a rose (albeit an origami rose), one boy flexes his biceps every time I walk into the classroom, the boys in one class walk around in their underwear (!) (no, no, no... don't get the wrong idea... they were changing for gym...) I love this school!!! The only bad thing about being placed here (besides the super massive hill that I have to walk up in the morning) is that now I have something to compare my Kashiba students to. The students at Kashiba are great outside the classroom but inside they are like wet blankets... it sucks... Oh well, at least I have Friday off. Hooray for 2 national holidays in one week!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home