2005-09-08

In the News...

I have stayed away from the political blogging (or anything that is even remotely unsuperficial) because every time I try my hand at it, I'm told that I'm wrong (or retarded...) But whatever... since when have I been discouraged by what other people think...
So just in case you don't like reading the news, here are a few interesting little things I picked up in my free time...

President Arroyo dodged impeachment... I can hardly say that I'm surprised...

President Bush is being blamed for everything Katrina related... I'm not a Bush supporter but come on people... This time it wasn't his fault... He didn't cause the hurricane, he didn't destroy the levees and just because some of the Louisiana National Guard is in Iraq, that doesn't mean that he should be blamed for this tragedy. If anyone should be blamed for incompetance, it's the people over at FEMA... Although, if you haven't seen the video of Kanye West dissing George Jr., you should check it out. It's worth the watch.

The election in Japan is Sunday. Although the international media is making this out to be a huge deal (and considering the billions of dollars involved in the postal reform, I think it is a big deal), the Japanese people seem to be generally unconcerned. But then again, Japanese people are good at hiding their true opinions so perhaps I am wrong... Go here and here and here for a few good articles.

Typhoon Nabi has caused considerable damage along the coast of Japan. 9 people were killed and 140 people injured... My part of the country remained untouched as usual... YAY FOR MOUNTAINS!!! Itsukushima Jinja was battered pretty hard again. The repairwork from the last major typhoon (Sept. 2004) was still being done when I went in July... Guess it's back to the drawingboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home