2005-09-05

Typhoons and Technical Schools

It's Tuesday and I already want the week to be finished... I'm still sore from the butt-kicking I received on Sunday and the fact that I can barely lift my arms up over my head isn't helping much... There's a typhoon on the way so the air is really heavy but once it blows over, it'll be nice again.
I started at Oji Technical High School yesterday. Made a PowerPoint presentation for my self-introduction. I'm getting good at the PowerPoint. If only I'd known how easy it was, I'd have used it for all my presentations in University.
The students' English level is VERY low. They can build robots but they can't speak English... but they try. They are definitely a much more lively bunch. I just hope I'm a good enough teacher to keep them motivated. Apparently, I'm the first female ALT this school has had. Many of the teachers have told me that the students (95% boys) were all very excited. A couple of the male ALTs warned me about the personal questions I'd be getting but I've been disappointed so far. I get the standard "Do you like Japanese food?", "Where do you live?"... nothing ground breaking...
I'm currently trying to work on the AJET October Newsletter but I'm seriously lacking in inspiration... I really need to get back to it though... so off I go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home