2005-09-08

Kashiba Bunkasai

I can't believe that it's been a year... A whole year has come and gone... this time last year I was walking around the school grounds, an outsider, not talking to anyone, getting stares and whispers from the students... sometimes, the bold ones would say "Hello" and sometimes the even bolder ones would point to my once ample chest (oh why oh why does the weight come off in the assets that I like) and say "Nice!"
But school festival has come around once again and this time it was so very different. At the performances yesterday, I understood the explanantions, I understood what awards were being given out and for what (last year I didn't even know that they were giving out awards...) At the festival today, I was walking around talking to the students (granted in my broken Japanese) and to the teachers. It's a nice feeling... being part of something...

I was walking around taking pictures for Katy today. Some of the girls in her class were sporting the red maple leaf on their arms or cheeks. Probably parting gifts from everybody's favorite exchange student. It was a really nice sight. Internationalization at it's best! Go Katy! You actually made a difference...


The performances yesterday and today were excellent. It's amazing to see the students do the things that they like to do. The school band was awesome, as usual. The students work so hard all summer on this festival and it's really nice to see that their hard work pays off. The stage performances today were just as fun to watch. We had budding DJs, hip-hop dancers (and choreographers for that matter)... there was breakdancing with a friendly dance-off between the second and third year breakers. The main theme for the festival this year was "When You Shine Most--君が一番輝く時" which in retrospect is really very appropriate. Bunkasai is definitely a shining moment for all students...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home