2006-09-07

Les cours préparatoires

Right so as most of you know, I started school again on August 15th. I've preparing for my bar exams (to become a lawyer not a bartender... believe me, I've had people ask...) which for the moment is going pretty well. If people are interested, Quebec follows the civil law system which means that everything is governed by a civil code and not several statutes like it would be in the US. What does this mean for me? I have to learn over 4000 articles by heart... (approximately 3000 in the Civil Code of Quebec and about 1000 in the Code of Civil Procedure) Not to mention everything in the Divorce Act, the Bankruptcy Act and any other federal law that is applicable in Quebec. Quebec, being the wonerful province that it is, has 2 applicable legal systems, which makes my job even harder... How's that for fake law?!

I have one 3 hour class a day... in the morning from 8:30-11:30. One class is like a week's worth of University classes, perhaps even more because the teacher just speeds through the material. And I'm not even doing the hard stuff yet (that comes in January). It's so hard being in class again as a student after being the one teaching for 2 years. But I'm sure I'll manage.

Oh and guess what?! I might be getting a car. Hopefully this one. Provided I'm financially viable by the end of the year... Anyone looking to hire a cute (and smart) law student?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home