2005-08-24

Back to Normal

Well, for the moment things are back to normal. My brother is back in Canada, I am back from my trip and school is starting up again soon. Yay. This year I might actually be busy though which is going to be a nice change.
I had a fantastic time on cultural leave and I did actually learn something. Lots of things, actually. So, although it was a pretty lame "Um, yeah, I'll be studying Japanese culture" when I gave my request... it turned out that I wasn't lying. What did I do, you ask? TONS. Thanks to the expert planner (ha ha... no not me... I can't plan anything...), the itinerary was packed full of cool things to see and we always had a place to stay. I saw a torture chamber, climbed a mountain, strolled around in a bunch of gardens, checked out 3 castles... and you know what else? I DROVE A CAR!!! Yes, I got my Japanese licence just before leaving and I drove around. It was weird at first but after awhile, I actually started to have fun... Imagine that?! ME! Enjoying driving! What a concept!

The summer has been great and I'm almost sad to see it go. This month of August, I've been in school 5 days... all the other days, I managed to get business trips and then there was my study leave... This job rocks!

In other news, I've started my term as AJET Prefectural Representative. I am working with a fantastic team of 4 other wonderfully motivated people. And although I accepted this position with quite a bit of apprehension, I'm feeling much better about my decision now. Tomorrow is the Beer Garden... The very first AJET event. It's taking place on the roof of a hotel... outdoors, under the evening sky, all you can eat and drink... sound perfect you say? It is... except for the fact that there is a STUPID TYPHOON on the way that is supposed to hit that evening. Greeeeeeeaaaaaaat.... stupid Japanese weather... grrrrrr.

Anyway, to finish up this thought of the day, and so that I can begin again with the regular entries on this page... My second year should be a very interesting one, I assure you. I'll be teaching at 2 high schools starting in September and the twice every term at the elementary school. Then I've got AJET to keep me busy in my spare time and hopefully I'll be a lot more dedicated to the Judo club once I get my lazy butt kicked at the black belt tournament on Sept. 4th...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home