2005-07-18

After the Long Weekend

So, my brother arrived safely in Japan. I guess he basically looks the same except that he's got a LOT more hair on his head than when I left Canada a year ago. It's been fun so far. I took him to a party on Saturday night so he met all my JET and non-JET friends (well most of them)... so now he can put faces to the names he hears, for better or for worse.
Sunday we went to the Gion Matsuri in Kyoto with the Moritanis (the family that I teach French for). They are awesome. They are the nicest people... showing Adrian and I around like that, while dealing with 3-year-old twins... who burst into tears the second they laid eyes on my brother... Adrian has that effect on people (haha, joke). It was a good day but there were SO MANY PEOPLE. The Gion Matsuri is one of Japan's 3 most famous festivals so people come from all over the country (and the world) to see it. I'll post a few pictures as soon as I get them uploaded onto my computer.
Yesterday was holiday Monday so we spent the day shopping in Osaka. I took him to Sofmap in Den-Den Town so that he could see the Japanese electronics... I had to physically pick his jaw up from of the floor. That was entertaining. After moving from one air-conditioned store after another... Japanese summers are very hot and very humid just in case you didn't know... we decided to call it a day. We headed home first before going to the Quiet Little Mountain Town for dinner and football on XBox (the boys played, not me).
Today is Tuesday. It is HOT. I am bored at school, trying to study Japanese because I have fallen behind in my self-study plan. Adrian is out exploring the wonders of Nara Machi... probably laughing at the tourists being chased by the deer... that's what I did the first time I went to Nara Koen... I should have brought my computer to school... Dang...

1 Comments:

At 12:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeey , errrh urgency urgency i need u to confirm some things, i wrote you a mail a few days ago and you don't seem to have come online since.
Well if you read this go and check your hotmail! :) if something happened with that account , contact me on t_lerminiaux@hotmail.com or tom.lerminiaux@gmail.com .. errh pls hurry because I'm confirming everything tomorrow (yep tomorrow my visit will be official)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home