2005-07-12

Bored

I gave in and brought my computer to school today. Haven't been doing that very much lately but I no longer have anything to do at work. Ahhh, the life of an ALT... So I have spent the morning reading the news and trying to stay awake.
The countdown is on. My brother will be joining me in the Land of the Rising Sun in just 2 days. I can't wait. The sun is finally out today, I finished cleaning my apartment (almost) and the new episode of Bleach is out raw (couldn't watch it on TV yesterday because I was out wasting my money)... All and all, it looks like a good day... The only thing that could possibly make this day better would be if my school principal came to me and said that he would give me the time off that I'd requested... but I doubt that will happen (T_T)
I have to meet with my English Club after school today. We have "business" to attend to... Ahhhh, my ESS Club... Let me tell you a bit about my ESS Club. ESS means "English Speakers' Society". However the amount of English spoken in the 2 hours that we have together is probably about 10% of that time and most of it is coming from me. There are technically 9 members (all girls) in my club but I have not once had all 9 members show up at one meeting. We came close once with 7 but that's the best showing so far. So what exactly to we do? I try to get them to play games in English and they sit around and talk about make-up and boys in Japanese. And that is my ESS Club. Again I ask you, what's the point?
My lunchtime eikaiwa girls are my only saving grace. At least I know that I am making a difference with some people. Oh and who could forget Kousuke. That boy is just the sweetest 15-year-old boy ever! He is so shy to speak English but he tries so hard and when I understand what he wants, his eyes light up... This is why I stayed for a second year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home