2005-07-14

So...

I was checking out Pinky's Blogdom for my dose of cute for the day and I came across an older post linking me to another blog (which is definitely not cute) right here on Blogger.com!
This isn't just any blog though. It is the blog of Joseph Edward Duncan III a Level 3 Sex Offender, accused of kidnapping, murder and sexual assault in Idaho. See full story here.
I read the most recent post and the comments that people had written. I admit that my curiousity was piqued so I went back to his earliest posts and read the blog entries. It was really fascinating. I spent close to an hour reading his posts, complaining that he was a victim of the institution, blaming society for not curing him of his affliction... complete with conspiracy theories and everything. His last post is on May 13th, just 3 days before the alleged crime occured.
I'm pretty new to the Internet and the world of blogs. Before, the Internet to me was merely a tool for research, email and IM... but now that I am so far from home and that I have so much time on my hands (and seeing as I can't watch TV because I can't speak Japanese), I have discovered a whole new universe... Amazing what you can find out there!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! Glad to hear you're still alive and kicking down in Nara. BTW, I saw your picture in this year's JET Journal.

-zaripu

 
At 00:28, Blogger Cade said...

That blog was probably one of the creepiest blogs ever! (Not my blog ^_^ the Fifth Nail blog)

Thanks for the credit. Sorry I haven't come around much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home